Monday, August 27, 2007

Work Habits--Or It's nice to pick which 12 hrs a day to work


I have done many different things in my life. I've been an Art Teacher, a Retail Store Manager in a collectible toy store and a thrift store. I even lasted 4 months as a Bill Collector. I was a very bad collector.

After I left hell job, I tried to find other work, but being in your 40's and handicapped isn't usually on most employers most favorable traits in an employee list. I threw myself into my doll making and I have been seriously trying to make it work for me for about a year and a half now.

Will I be a success? I hope so. I'm working my tail off creating and promoting. I know my work is going to appeal to a limited audience, but frou frou girly dolls just aren't me. I'm a different sort of person and I'm sure there are others out there like me. I just have to find them.

Right now things are exciting for me. I'm making art dolls that are either one of a kind like Captured or done in a limited series like my Crawling eyes. I've also started designing magicked animals like the cat Amber Moon, with their own backstories that I want to collect together and self publish. I want to design a line of tiny animals and maybe some animal or Crawling eye patches. We'll see what the future holds for Le Chat Noir.


No comments: