Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Preparing for my Scrooge-a-thon


Every year I read A Christmas Carol and watch a few of the different movie versions that have been made over the years.

I think the Alastair Sim version is my favorite, but the George C. Scott version runs a close second.



But then again, I love the part in the Albert Finney Scrooge where he's relegated to the coldest office in Hell. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCJ69RycJkA

And the scene where Scrooge's poor victims are dancing on the old bugger's coffin is hysterical http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiNMz_745vQ the reprise of Father Christmas always makes me so happy.

Of course there are several really bad versions out there, like the one with Henry Winkler or the 50's live tv version with Fredrick March. But I'll even peek at them sometimes.

I think I love the story of Scrooge because no matter how bad life seems; how selfish and rotten I feel sometimes; I watch Scrooge see all the good that could have happened in his life if he had been braver and more caring and realize I can improve myself too. Aspiring to be more than you are, is the only real change you can make in your life that really benefits you and the others around you.

I hope all of you have a Happy Holiday and aspire to be a better soul in the new year.

No comments: